MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bug with OpenGL and import picture

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viktor AntonovBug with OpenGL and import picture
by on May 3, 2016 at 6:51:14 am
Last Edited By Viktor Antonov on May 3, 2016 at 6:52:12 am

Somehow, I thought that the people sitting in this forum cleverer. I was wrong.
I have reason for it, I'm sorry if I'm someone that hurt. I have no one to help with that damn program in general.
I have always drawn, and no one gave any answer that may be a video driver is not so.

I have two problems with Cinema 4D. Given that first (main) problem that I have the 30th time appeal to MAXON's, and they ignore me already as 3 months.
First glitch appears with OpenGL. When enabled - interface models (points and lines) begin to shake, and when farther center of models - the greater shaking model.
Without the OpenGL picture becomes far worse, but shake the model disappears.

I wrote about this to MAXON many times. They wrote that they had such a glitch is not, and I have a problem in the video driver, even without providing proof. But believe me, I have completely changed 10 times the graphics card driver - nothing helped. Also I tested on the old video card with 128 MB of RAM. There is the same glitch.
Who can explain why this bug appears with the OpenGL, and disappears without it? Who have the same problem on the Nvidia / AMD video cards?
If you have an extra minute - see my video, and repeat all the same as I do, I want to know if there are others such as a bug or not. Those who do not have - please provide proof, you really help me with this. If so, please submit report to MAXON..
Please help all who are not indifferent(

The second bug - do not throw the picture in Cinema 4D.(Not Main)

Can add only through the materials, textures indicating there.

Seriously, let us be kind to one another. I would not mind helping someone who would really help me.

Thank's for attention

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Bug with OpenGL and import picture
by on May 3, 2016 at 2:39:24 pm

Viktor,

In your first post you said that you were using R18, which as far as I know is not available to any general users. If you are using a pre-release product (apparently not as an official Maxon tester) then that could explain your problems. You also reported recreating the problem using a video card with only 128mb of ram, which could also explain any problems with OpenGL which is a hardware based renderer.

I tested your example on a Mac Pro (OS 10.8.5, Nvidia Quadro 4000 with 2GB of video ram) with Cinema 4D R17 and had no issues. With or without OpenGL enabled I experienced no shaking. I also tried importing a picture as a texture by dragging it into the Materials window and had no problems as well.

As far as proof is concerned, you'll just have to trust me. I experienced no issues with either OpenGL, or importing pictures by dragging. And, just as Maxon suggested, I would strongly suspect that you have a video card/driver issue.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Viktor AntonovRe: Bug with OpenGL and import picture
by on May 3, 2016 at 3:27:47 pm

I'm sorry, I made a mistake in the version of program, used R17.048. And thank you for having responded to me. I'm afraid that the Mac Pro is too expensive for me, and I can not afford it. I do not want to seem paranoiac, and I would like to ask you - could you, or someone from this forum to test this bug on windows platform (desirable windows 10) and a graphics card from Nvidia's (not the Quadro/Professional) and AMD's (not professional), so for example HD6470M? I would be very grateful. I can't believe that all bad MAXON with AMD graphics drivers

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 4:22:48 pm

Your welcome, Viktor. I suspected that you might have been mistaken on the Cinema 4D version and thought that my response would inspire you to check.

My Mac Pro is eight years old, using an older Nvidia card as well, so as a package it is fairly underpowered compared to today's top computers and thus more comparable to what you might be using. I do not have access to any Windows computers so someone else will have to help you out there.

Best of luck.

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 4:38:01 pm

One more question, Jim. What video driver you used on Quadro? If I'm not mistaken, that on Windows, Mac OS that drivers are similar. And as far as I am not mistaken again - the GeForce and Quadro line use the same driver

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Bug with OpenGL and import picture
by on May 3, 2016 at 6:08:44 pm

Mac drivers come with the OS you do not load them in separately like on a PC. They are similar drivers as it's possible to use PC video cards since OS X 10.8.3 but the driver version is unknown to us.

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 7:52:18 pm

I would like to know the exact answer, whether there is a line of GeForce bug as I have or not. For example, on the GTX 960, or 950, well you understand. I have long ago realized that the AMD driver problems. So I want to go to the graphics card Nvidia, if there is such a God does not exist on the GTX 9xx (That's GTX 960 I want to buy). Does anyone in this forum have the time to check whether the bug on the GeForce GTX, or not? I would be very grateful for the info, because among my friends of all AMD

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 9:04:35 pm

Concerning the video driver, the only info I can find is in my CUDA preferences, where it shows:

CUDA Driver Version: 6.5.33

GPU Driver Version: 8.16.82 310.40.00.20f04

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 9:08:41 pm

ah so that must be the driver version (GPU) - you must have that nVidia Cuda app/drivers. I did have the nVidia GPU drivers (from their site) for a while but that went away (as far as I could see) and I've been back on the Mac supplied drivers ever since. Is that true for you as well Jim?

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 10:07:57 pm

Good question Brian, but I'm not sure how to answer it. Since I still use CS6 (as well as TurbulenceFD) the CUDA driver is necessary for me, so I guess that is why I have those Nvidia drivers rather than the drivers Apple supplies with the newer OS versions that you are probably using. As I am still on Mac OS 10.8.5 and haven't upgraded video drivers in quite a while, that's my best guess.

Return to posts index

by on May 3, 2016 at 11:33:40 pm

definitely interesting if you are on 10.8.5 as I don't see any troubles with both of Viktor's problems either and I'm on 10.11.4 at work and 10.11.5 (beta) at home. So the age of the Mac driver doesn't appear to be a problem. Not much help to you Viktor as I don't have an access to a PC to test.

OpenGL problems are always drivers (or too weak/old a video card) from what I understand though, back in 2015 both the AMD and nVidia drivers did cause C4D problems and there were versions of the drivers PC users had to avoid but the drivers have been updated since (by AMD and nVidia).

What card are you using now Viktor? If you go to Preferences/OpenGL and click on Show OpenGL Capabilities what does it say there?

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 6:07:21 am

I looked OpenGL indicators, then nothing did not notice, I have much more than is necessary to the program. Maybe something I do not understand, then to you attach a screenshot.

As about the video. This is discrete graphics card, which is still soldered in the laptop motherboard. This is AMD Radeon HD6470M. In Windows 10, impersonating 7400m, there is nothing wrong, because it is slightly overclocked 6470M. Here are its characteristics.

2D-driver version - 8.01.01.1500

Version Direct3D - 9.14.10.01128

OpenGL version - 6.14.10.13399

Mantle Driver Version - 9.1.10.0083

Interface Version Mantle - Not available

Version of AMD Catalyst Control Center - 2015.1104.1643.30033

That hardware

Manufacturer graphics card Powered by AMD
Graphic set of AMD chips Radeon HD 7400M Series
Code devices 6760
Ident-tor supplier in 1002
Code subsystem 2001
Code subsystem 1043 manufacturer
Version ID 00
Features PCI Express 2.0 graphics bus
Maximum installation PCI Express 2.0x16 tires
Version BIOS 013.012.000.019
Number BIOS BR039511.001 component
BIOS Release Date 2011/05/24
Memory capacity of 1024 MB
Type of memory DDR3
The core frequency in MHz to 750 MHz
The frequency of memory in MHz 667 MHz
Total memory bandwidth in GB / s to 10.7 Gb / s

And yes, before this card as the ATI was called, until it was bought AMD

Ironically, I even try to play with the graphics card. With Direct3D no such problems. And as I understood - seen this bug that I have - with OpenGL. So far, there is little evidence in other programs that use the OpenGL, but I'll try and find it.

I do not know that I do not have a driver. I've already tried to install them about 10 times, unfortunately, ineffectually

Link to picture

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 6:09:22 am

For some reason I can not insert images, such as doing the right thing ..

https://images.creativecow.net/300915/4.png

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 3:56:58 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on May 4, 2016 at 4:23:18 pm

have you tried not impersonating a 7400M with the 6470? Does that still give the error? Not being a PC guy I have no experience but I've never seen someone mention spoofing another card in a forum so maybe if you run the card as a straight 6470M...

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 5:04:52 pm

I thought so too, but asked around on forums realized that it slightly overclocked version of HD6470M. But at me blocked all of the frequency changes in order to prevent overheating, so yeah, it for me works as well as it should. Yet I am sure that this will be a glitch on all graphics cards from AMD. Because I tested it on another video card from AMD. I do not think so full rights, but I have tried on 2-card.
As for me, it is quite possible that they have a serious error with OpenGL. I wrote to them even once, but usually to no avail. Maybe someone can help me with this, but as soon as I get the money - buy immediately Nvidia. But the fact is in order to money appeared - I need to work in Cinema 4D. And I would like to do not to miscalculate with this bug. As speaks Jim Scott - he does not have this glitch. But what about the conventional / non-Quadro graphics cards, and that even on the Windows platform, so for example, I installed Windows 10 and want to buy a graphics card GTX 960 / 9xx.
In this forum, seldom who on the Windows platform, I think so. Do you have among friends who have Windows, and who can verify the bug?

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 5:55:18 pm

there are PC users here too but for lots of tech-savvy PC users maybe try CGTalk's C4D forum

Return to posts index

by on May 9, 2016 at 7:52:30 am

I beg you to help me in the notion of why I proihodit this bug. I created this topic to CGTalk, but I have become very scary. Everyone says that this restriction limits. But Jim said that he's all right, and I do not understand how there can be restrictions everywhere. http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=47&t=1362096 Here the link to the topic.

And, Jim, if you is not difficult - please check here these files on his laptop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvdqrm2kf3c6teb/OpenGL_Bug.rar?dl=0 There are three files.

1. File - I made a very small edge visibility, and flew to the cube as little as possible. I have been there even shaking arrows X Y Z (If the spin mouse)

Coordinates where 0/0/0 on all axes. If you look closely, the arrows are broken axles.

2. File - I made a shift in the axis of 100000 cm and it is a very real coverage of the Himeji Castle, speaking this is a very big number. Still I want to see what will you - whether or not to shake the cube when rotating the mouse.

3. File - I is at the top of the viewport. I have a bias when the mouse itself mesh cube, or polygons (I do not know how to call it) is moving, and should be in place. It is clearly seen that the point remains in place as it should be.

The archive also have screenshots of what happens to me. Jim, as if you do not have to be difficult - make screenshots, do not think that this is difficult.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]