MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Locating the right point with the point node in Xpresso

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
crasse deuxLocating the right point with the point node in Xpresso
by on Apr 24, 2016 at 1:57:18 pm

Hi there !

yesterday i've been working on an rigged and animated character in cinema 4d and I wanted to "attach" particles emitter in his hands. To do that I used the point node method with xpresso (putting emitters in nulls and giving them position of certain points of my character mesh using the Point node, also linking the point normals to the global rotation of the emitter's respective nulls so they rotate accordingly to the character mesh animation). And it works perfectly !

However I was wondering if there is a way to find directly the right point "number" after directly selecting it on the mesh (without having to look for it withing the point node by scrolling into point values), As my characters had more than 10000 points (and it's a simple, low-polyesque one) I spent several times looking for the right number in the point node ?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Locating the right point with the point node in Xpresso
by on Apr 24, 2016 at 7:21:32 pm

You can find the point number by selecting the point and then looking the Structure Manager (set to points mode).

Return to posts index

crasse deuxRe: Locating the right point with the point node in Xpresso
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 4:50:44 pm

thanks ! that works ! (never used the structure manager before, useful window :) )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]