MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Multi Shader on Grid Array Cloner

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris HollandMulti Shader on Grid Array Cloner
by on Apr 22, 2016 at 6:31:13 pm

HI all,

I've been looking at this for 2 hours and searching for a solution but can't seem to figure this out and none of the responses I've seen have fixed the issue.

Basically I have a Cloner in a Grid Array that is 9 blocks in the X, 5 in the Y and 1 in the Z. There are a total of 45 blocks. I added a multi shader with 45 textures and set it to index ratio. It is only filling different textures along the X section and then repeating up the column.

I tried adding a step effector and turning on color mode then putting the X weight to 100% and that does change the blocks all over but it is still repeating some blocks. I even tried adding more textures I had it up to 63 but it is still repeating textures.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to do this. I need to put different graphics on each of the the 45 blocks. Order doesn't matter but I can't have any replicating.

I've added 2 pics to show what is happening. The one with the step effector show the U transform at 50 but I've tried 100 and still get repeats.

This is R15 Studio

Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animator

Return to posts index

Chris HollandRe: Multi Shader on Grid Array Cloner
by on Apr 22, 2016 at 8:13:26 pm

Ok. So I actually found a tutorial that explained how to do this for anyone who happens upon this and is stuck like I was.

Basically you have to make sure the multi shader is set to color brightness.

From there add a random effector to the cloner. Turn the color mode on in the parameter tab.

In the effector tab change the random mode to sorted. That should fix it. If you want to move your textures around use the random seed.

For me I am using cubes and wanted the same texture on all sides so I had to make the projection UVW mapping.

Hope that helps anyone who gets stuck.

Chris Holland
Editor/Animator

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]