MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Strange Object Buffer in Cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Sampson
Strange Object Buffer in Cinema 4d
on Apr 22, 2016 at 10:38:00 am

Hello,
I am working on a project to replace a screen on an iphone model.
I have set up the compositing tags etc so I can replace the screen content in After Effects.
When I import the .aec file in AE, the 'buffer' screen remains visible, even when the actual phone is facing away from the camera. Please see attached images for clarification.

I am totally at a loss why this is happening. I have tried a few phone models and it seems to be a consistant problem. I am still on a learning curve so logic tells me its my error but I cannot figure it out.

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Thanks, Peter

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
Re: Strange Object Buffer in Cinema 4d
on Apr 22, 2016 at 12:54:20 pm

Hi Peter,
It looks like (based on the red solid) that might be a solid in your ae comp. If you put an external compositing tag in C4D, that will give you a solid for the object you tagged. It won't consider anything else in the scene, just that object. If you use a compositing tag and set an object buffer, that should render out a white/black matte that will be occluded by other objects in the scene.

Mike

Return to posts index

Peter Sampson
Re: Strange Object Buffer in Cinema 4d
on Apr 22, 2016 at 3:32:44 pm

Mike,

Thanks for your input.

What I'm struggling to understand is that I set a composting tag (object buffer-1) and a external compositing tag, making the object a red solid, the same size as phone screen.
The red solid in the above screen grab is the solid generated by C4D.

In ae, the red solid is intended to be replaced with other graphics. Surely the solid
is 'glued' into position..so why is it visible when the phones screen is facing away from the viewer? Why is the red solid on both faces of the ipad model?

I have included another screen garb if that makes it clearer..

Again, thanks for any input..

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]