MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rigid body unable to stay in collider body

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Viki PikiRigid body unable to stay in collider body
by on Apr 18, 2016 at 4:16:46 pm

I have a rollercoaster type of spline, and I have simple car with wheel suspension that I would like to move along that spline and act as a vehicle sitting in a wagon. I created an invisible box with collider body, spline wrap or aling to spline expression so the simple car with rigid body can be inside it and jump bit around while moving along the rollercoaster. The problem is, even after the slightest turn, the car "escapes" the box with collider body. Is there any way to secure that the rigid body car will stay in the collider body box no matter what?
So far i played with dynamics>expert>steps per frame setup, collision shape is setted up as moving mesh in collider body, etc., but still im unable to keep the car in that box for the whole time.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Rigid body unable to stay in collider body
by on Apr 18, 2016 at 9:47:03 pm

How high did you set steps per frame? You may need to go higher.

Another possibility is that you may need to adjust the scale setting the same tab.

Return to posts index

Viki PikiRe: Rigid body unable to stay in collider body
by on Apr 19, 2016 at 11:26:02 am

Setting up steps per frame and scale higher worked, but just in the case when the box is following spline with align to spline expression. When im using spline wrap, its still a mess, and im guessing it might be because the invisible box is stretching its shape according to path of the spline. The deal is that i would like to make possible for the collider box to rotate as the path is twisting, which is, i guess, not really possible with the aling to spline expression. This wouldnt be an issue if i was working with railroad shaped spline, but i would like it to be a rollercoaster one. Is there a way to make the box rotate as the spline is (i checked the tangential box in align to spline tag properties, but its rotating the box just in two axes)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved