MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Title Creation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matīss PērkonsTitle Creation
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 4:47:16 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Cinema 4D, so far I've only mastered After Effects and Premiere Pro. But feeling tells me for this work I need 3D animation software and why not to finally start to explore Cinema 4D, I've always wanted it.

I need to create words 'Video Review' for this video image, beneath the title 'Captain America' as similar style as possible.

Do You believe Cinema 4D will help me here and You suggest it?

And maybe You can advice me how to approximately achieve it? For example, 3D & Lightning?

Should I create the title in Cinema 4D, then transfer it to AE for lightning?

Now I hope that a simple title creation in Cinema 4D is OK for a starter.

Return to posts index

Matīss PērkonsRe: Title Creation
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 5:08:28 pm

Hi,

In 2 days time I've actually learned the basics of Cinema 4D very well and have almost finished my title.

The only question I still have:

Is there a way for letter fillet caps to reflect the light so much as in the picture title "Captain America"? Or maybe it is possible to change the color of a SINGLE fillet cap (only one side) to a letter? So far I've only found out how to change the color for the entire fillet cap.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Title Creation
by on Apr 18, 2016 at 3:22:37 am

put a light or luminant object in the right place to get the reflections you need (it can be in the field of view but with a compositing tag to make it invisible to the camera but still adds reflections to the scene (etc))

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2016 at 10:00:57 pm

Thanks, Brian. I created reflective color with HDR image and fresnel texture, then added it to the sky. And I added one Target Light underneath the title.

I rendered and threw it into AE, and this is is how it looks right know.

I dunno, but I think it looks nice, considering that I'm working with Cinema 4D for 4 days.

Any suggestions what should I do to make it blend together nicer? So far, I've dropped shadows and light in AE, but the original has this 'shiny' glow which I can't manage to get.

And when I take a closer look, letters seems to have discursive outline. How to improve it? Even though in Caps Section, in Cinema 4D I've ticked 'Rounding UVW Keep Shape' which seems to improve outline, it still is discursive.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 20, 2016 at 3:34:47 pm

first thing for matching the look is the horizon reflection in the blue text, it is denser and much sharper (particularly at the bottom) than the horizon reflection in the red text. It should be blurred at the bottom like in the red text.

Perhaps the red text letters are made from two objects, a top and a base. That would give more control ever the bevelling in the red part.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 23, 2016 at 10:43:32 pm

Horizontal reflection is actually Gausian colour texture I've applied for the text. Now I've blurred it. And I have this title made from two objects - top and a base. So far I like the result.

What I don't like is the render result. However I render it, the outline of title isn't sharp when I import it in AE, although Render View in Cinema 4D is showing it as sharp as s*it. Resolution is 3840x2160 (4K, but even if I lower it in Cinema, outline still isn't sharp). And same 4K resolution I have set for AE project.

What I am doing wrong? How to improve this?

How it looks in Cinema 4D Render View:

How it looks after actual render:

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2016 at 4:28:16 am

what are your antialiasing settings for the render?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2016 at 1:16:26 pm

Anti-Aliasing Settings:

Anti-Aliasing: Best
Min Level: 1x1
Max Level: 4x4
Threshold: 10%
Use Object Properties: Check
Consider Multi-Passes: Uncheck
Filter: Mitchell
Custom Size: Uncheck
Clip Negative Component: Uncheck
MIP Scale: 50%
Small Fragments: Hybrid

Both, up and base titles, as well as light are in seperate object buffer in multi-passes.

It seems the problem is in project itself. When I render it, picture is zoomed 100%, outline looks sharp. I rendered it as .png without transparency, imported it in Photoshop, got rid of the dark background and without it, outline actually looks very rubish. Could it be because I've made the title from two seperate text objects? For the up title I've turned on Start Fillet Cap (2 cm), for base title I've turned on End Fillet Cap (3.2 cm). That's why one is bigger than other and that's how I got the 3D look with all the corners.

For better visibility new pictures:

Return to posts index

by on Apr 25, 2016 at 4:25:25 pm

try using an Alpha Channel in the render then you won't need to remove the background in Photoshop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]