MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fix Xpresso time offset with hair dynamics

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel de MendozaFix Xpresso time offset with hair dynamics
by on Apr 7, 2016 at 1:59:15 pm

Hi, I'm working on a project whe I need to simulate a bass playing strings. I made the strings with a splines and spline dynamics tag. I have a pick that moves with a bass track, and hits the strings. I want to atach several lights to the strings using a Matrix and Xpreso. I want to use this setup because I want to control some light parameters individualy, what I can't achieve with cloning the lights. Here is my the setup:

All the lights are positioned correctly, when I play the animation, the Matrix elements stay at correct position but the lights go to the right position one frame later:

Anyone can figure out how can I fix this?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Fix Xpresso time offset with hair dynamics
by on Apr 7, 2016 at 11:34:05 pm

When you see a delay like that you're having some kind of priority problem, which has to do with the order of execution of various functions. In your case you've got generators (splines), an Xpresso expression, and hair/spline dynamics. You may be able to play with the priority of the Xpresso tag (in it's Basic tab) to get it working right.

However.... Unless I'm missing something it looks to me like the Xpresso/Matrix setup is unnecessary in your scene. Instead of using it to place the lights on the Matrix Object, you could simply place all the lights in a cloner and set the number of clones to the number of lights that you're using. Then you can still adjust the individual light parameters and you have one less priority problem to deal with. In a simple scene here I don't get a delay so long as the spline is above the cloner in the object manager.

Return to posts index

Miguel de MendozaRe: Fix Xpresso time offset with hair dynamics
by on Apr 8, 2016 at 12:04:32 am

I was tweeking the priority settings but I didn't thought a spline was a generator!(I'm c4d newbee) I set the priority of generators to 1 and bum! Perfect!

About the setup, I'm setting some light intensity, faloff and other params acording to the velocity of each light, and others like color in one master light, that's why I'm using xpresso, but again, I didn't thought about that cloner setup.

Thank you very much for your help Adam!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved