MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baking out PolyFX with effectors to bring into Unity

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric YoungstromBaking out PolyFX with effectors to bring into Unity
by on Apr 5, 2016 at 11:18:14 pm

I am trying to bake the random and plain effector and polyfx animations so that I get keyframes for every polygon that the polyfx effects, in order to render out a fbx and bring that fbx into unity.

Can anyone help me out please?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Baking out PolyFX with effectors to bring into Unity
by on Apr 6, 2016 at 5:33:23 pm

The donation-ware SteadyBAKE plugin will do it: http://tcastudios.com/?page_id=6

Return to posts index

Eric YoungstromRe: Baking out PolyFX with effectors to bring into Unity
by on Apr 6, 2016 at 9:53:11 pm

My co worker has tried SteadyBake and I have tried NitroBake. So far both plugins gave keyframes on every frame in the time line for the entire object and not each individual polygon face. He could have done something wrong (he is a maya user) but thus far we still have not found a solution

Eric Youngstrom

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2016 at 2:18:46 am

The plugins work by recording point-level animation, so you'll get the same look as if it was individual objects but with a single object.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2016 at 5:06:43 pm

Yes, that works for baking the large object as a whole but in this scenario we would need each individual polygon of that larger object to have individual xyz, rotation and scale keyframes. So is there a way to break down that larger object to each individual polygons, but keep the same animation driven from polyfx, and then bake out that animation?

Eric Youngstrom

Return to posts index

by on Apr 7, 2016 at 5:55:11 pm

I don't think you'll get the result you want with the PolyFX object, but you should be able to with the Fracture Object.

So, first select all of your objects' polygons and run the Mesh>Commands>Disconnect function (with "preserve groups" unchecked).

Then place your object in the Fracture Object and set the Fracture's mode to "explode segments". Apply the effectors to the Fracture and then use SteadyBAKE or NitroBAKE on the Fracture Object.

That should do the trick.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 9, 2016 at 3:39:05 pm

You sir are a genius, that worked perfectly. Thank you!!!!

Eric Youngstrom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]