MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problems with camera in my projectt

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Knudsen
Problems with camera in my projectt
on Apr 2, 2016 at 3:40:38 am

Hello! I got my C4D Yesterday and im superexited about it, I've alredy made a really cool picture and now im making my own "intro movie".

I've been watching youtube videos to learn, and im a quick learner. But now i've stepped upon a problem that i cant solve at all.

I got the camera and light and everything ready, I've also made the "Keypoints" for the camera to follow, Also made the object as the "target" so it wont go away from it.

But now after i've put the target and angels i wanted "keypointed" and i press play, nothing happens.

You can see the player goes off but nothing happens, it wont follow my "track" where i put the keypoints. Before i learned how to put "target" the camera suddenly moved: ex.

Objecthere ------>

That way. I hope you all understand what i mean, My english might not be the best but i explain as good as i can. I hope someone got a solution because i really wanna get good at this program. thanks .

-TerrorificProductions

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Problems with camera in my projectt
on Apr 2, 2016 at 4:15:34 pm

My first guess would be that if you added a camera to your project and keyframed its position, you might have switched back to the default camera when trying to watch the animation. Make sure that the animated camera is active in the object menu. But without seeing the project it would be hard to offer more help.

Post your project file and it will be much easier to see what you may have done wrong.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 2, 2016 at 8:45:30 pm

Okay, Well here i made a youtube video of what my problem is. its horrible quality on the picture but i hope you understand what i mean. Thanks

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 2, 2016 at 11:44:15 pm

Kenneth,

You are adding keyframes to the second camera (the one selected in your object menu) while making changes to the default camera. Since you are moving the default camera, the second camera is simply having multiple keyframes added at different times but with no change in its position.

You need to have the second camera active (either double click on the icon that looks like a camera, or single click on the button to the right of the "traffic" lights. It will change to white when that camera is active. Once that camera is active, then keyframe its position, zoom, etc. as you were doing.

Essentially, while you thought you were animating the camera you were looking through (the default camera, since that was active), you were adding keyframes to the second camera which was not being moved. In this case, neither camera had any animation since the default camera never had any keyframes added as you changed its position, and the second camera was never moved, but only had multiple keyframes of the same position added at different times.

Remember, the object selected in the object menu will have keyframes added when you click the Record Active Objects button, but if you you're not moving that object there will be no resulting animation. Make sure the second camera is selected, AND active when trying to keyframe it.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 1:40:48 am

Okay, Yeah i followed you advice and now i encountered the second problem ive had 1000x times. Ive uploaded a youtube video to show you.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 3, 2016 at 5:06:44 am

First, setting keyframes (what you are calling "locking") for the text null is unnecessary. Unless you are planning on animating the text as well you don't need any keyframes for the null. It's position will stay constant unless you purposely move or animate it.

Second, you are still confusing yourself by switching back and forth between the Default and Main cameras (the one in your object menu that I called the "second camera" before but feel it may be better to call Main since it is the one you are animating).

With the Main camera active and selected, go to frame 0 and adjust its view to your desired starting position. Set a keyframe. Go to the frame where you would like the camera move to end, adjust its view/position again, and set a second keyframe. You now have a simple camera move between the two positions or camera views. (You could do this in reverse, as you were initially trying to do in your video, but for learning purposes just keep it simple.) Return to frame 0 and press play. The Main camera is still the active view, and you will see the view animate between the two keyframed positions.

Notice that you have not used the Default camera at all. Only use the Default camera if you want to temporarily look at something from a different view (for modeling purposes, for example). And always make sure the Main camera is active and selected whenever you want to add or modify keyframes for it.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 6:06:18 am

I dont get it, I do exactly as you say now, only use the second camera in second camera view, keyframing where i want it at the beginning, keyframe it at the end. Still the camera STARTS way off like it did on the second youtube video and ended up on the logo. I dont get it what i do wrong

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 6:16:16 am

But, the weird thing is. If i create a new file. just make a simple box and do what i did in the other file, the camera follows. But in my logo file it happens what happend on the end of my second utube video. Any clue what could be wrong in the file?

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 11:37:07 am

Here is a better view of whats happening.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 1:02:51 pm

I found out i did not have a target tag on the object, thats why the camera went out of line. but now after setting the target i have a problem that the camera wont show the animation... again.... and i made sure to have the camera marked etc etc when setting keylockcs or whatever its called...

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 1:57:50 pm

I locked it now, and heres my last problem, the animation wont show, even tough im pretty sure it works right.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 3, 2016 at 3:28:21 pm

The main problem in your very first video example was that you were viewing through the default camera while adding keyframes to the main camera. I am sorry that I didn't notice it earlier, but in all of your examples with the tutorial project you have Position turned OFF for recording keyframes (the button with the + with arrow heads to the right of the play controls and keyframe controls). For normal key framing make sure that the first four of those five buttons in that group are selected (blue) or you won't be adding a keyframe for that parameter. In your case you were moving the camera, and clicking the Record Active Objects button to add a keyframe, but since the Position parameter was inactive you were not adding a position keyframe. The result was no position animation. Because you had a target for the camera, but no position change, the camera simply looked at the target from wherever you last placed it and thus did not show any rotation animation. When you did your test with the cube and camera movements, you had all the keyframe parameters turned on and thus got the animation you expected.

What I would suggest is this. Delete the Main camera from your object menu (so that you get rid of all of its faulty keyframes) and create a new one and start over. This time make sure that all four of the buttons are selected (Position, Scale, Rotation, Parameter) and redo your animation.

Return to posts index

Kenneth Knudsen
on Apr 3, 2016 at 3:36:20 pm

Omg it worked thank u man, SO MUCH HEADACHE FOR THIS LOL. Thanks alot!!!

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Apr 3, 2016 at 3:52:05 pm

You're very welcome. Have fun with C4D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]