MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Center view/camera/object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay PennCenter view/camera/object?
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 10:51:18 pm

This may sound like an obvious question, but I promise I've googled around for a while before resorting to a forum post.

How do I center camera view over the center axis point?

In After Effects and Photoshop, I'm used to guide lines and align functions that make things very easy and simple to center. In Cinema4D, I'm just free rotating, wildly jerking angles around.

When I try googling the problem, I only get “O” to frame selected or
“H” to frame all. This isn't what I'm asking for - they don't actually center anything, they just fit the object or scene into the screen. Helps me see where I am to work, but doesn't help me frame shots. I'm looking for something more like "align" in Photoshop or AE.

This is driving me nuts - I can't center a light on an object, and I can't center a camera, even if my object is perfectly centered on the axis point. (And if my object isn't centered on the axis point, I don't know how to put it there.) Centering things by hand seems wildly archaic.

Here's the image I'm currently working on: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/linzerdinzer/Screen%20Shot%202016-03...

I straightened this shot by hand because I didn't know what else to do, and as you can see, it's tilted slightly clockwise (the A on the left is higher than the E on the right.)

Note, I am using Cinema4D Lite.

And in this particular case I'm trying to move the camera, not the object itself (the object is perfectly centered on the axis.)

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Center view/camera/object?
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 11:43:32 pm

go into the cameras Coords and set R.B to 0

Return to posts index

Lindsay PennRe: Center view/camera/object?
by on Mar 26, 2016 at 11:44:43 pm

THANK YOU! I'm in another project right now but when I'm back into that one I will check this out, thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Lindsay PennRe: Center view/camera/object?
by on Mar 27, 2016 at 9:36:50 pm

Worked perfectly thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]