MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating a dynamic cork gun

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew RichardsonCreating a dynamic cork gun
by on Mar 21, 2016 at 10:49:00 pm

I have decided to create a character in Cinema 4D who is holding a cork gun:

It's made from 2 cube primitives (children of hypernurbs) for the front and back, a fillet capped cylinder for the handle, a cylinder for the cork and a sweep nurbed spline and circle for the thread. I am aiming to animate the dynamics of the cork and thread to make it pop out towards the end of the animation as though it's been fired. The thread needs to stay attached to the cork and connect it to the gun, but drop and hang down with the cork as it's fired.

If anyone could give me any pointers on how to achieve this in R14 that would be great. I'm a self taught relative beginner to Cinema learning as I go so any new techniques can only help me at this stage.

Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andrew RichardsonRe: Creating a dynamic cork gun
by on Mar 24, 2016 at 1:50:52 pm

I've managed to solve the problem myself. Quite pleased with the result. I attached 2 hair constrain tags to the thread spline, one for the cork cylinder and one of the gun, selected the front end spline points and set the cork as the object. I then selected the back end spline points and used the second hair constrain tag to attach them to the gun. I added a spline dynamics tag to the thread and dynamics tags to both the cork and gun animating the dynamics to turn on for the cork towards the end of the animation. The thread would fall and carry on till the end of the animation, so I added some collision tags to some plains that I made invisible to wall off the dynamics and create some elastic bounce.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Creating a dynamic cork gun
by on Mar 24, 2016 at 7:35:53 pm

good solution, that is the main problem, you can connect the spline to dynamics objects and the spline will follow the objects but it can't stop them and stretches to make up the difference and not in a good way either, it's always at the ends...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved