MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Automatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John WillardAutomatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 2:36:22 am

Almost every CAD program has a function where you press a button and the current view is automatically adjusted to the nearest orthogonal view. I use this command just about more than any other and it saves an enormous amount of time. Does C4D have something similar? A script?

For example, if you want to see the scene "head on", you simply rotate the view to approximately what you want, hit the button, then voila, the view is perfectly aligned orthogonally.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Automatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:25:32 pm

I just use the keyboard shortcuts to go between the orthogonal views. It saves the step of having to swing your camera over in that general direction first.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

John WillardRe: Automatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 10:58:39 pm

One advantage is that you don't have to know the name of the view you want in order to perform the command. And an even bigger advantage is that the view is aligned to the same rotation. By that I mean, normally in C4D when you execute the "left" command, the view automatically rotates where Y is the up axis, then you have to manually rotate so that for example the Z is the up axis. With this new auto-align-view command, if you already are working in a view which is approximately the left view with the Z up, just press the button, and the parallel view will align itself orthogonally (left with Z up). It's very simple, intuitive, and saves a significant amount of time.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Automatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?
by on Mar 18, 2016 at 11:38:23 pm

That does sound quite handy once you've described it. I'd venture to say that'd be a nice feature request to make to MAXON.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Automatically align view to nearest orthogonal view?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 4:31:55 pm

I think the closest you can get in Cinema is to switch between perspective and parallel, which isn't exactly the same thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]