MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Turbulence fd collider issues driving me to a psychotic episode.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen jordan
Turbulence fd collider issues driving me to a psychotic episode.
on Mar 16, 2016 at 3:09:32 pm

Hi
I'm using turbulence fd for cinema 4d and trying to fill a piece of geometry with smoke so that the smoke takes the shape of the geometry, fairly standard stuff. Trouble is I get these weird ridges on the smoke instead of a smooth surface (see pic). Been through the manual with a fine toothcomb but cannot find a solution.

If I cant solve this soon i'm gong to be forced to eat my own toes out of frustration.

I would be your slave forever if you can help me with this.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Turbulence fd collider issues driving me to a psychotic episode.
on Mar 16, 2016 at 3:39:21 pm

Perhaps you could post your C4D project file so that other users of TurbulenceFD could try it and see if they get the same results, or find what the problem is. While I am certainly no expert, I would be glad to run your file and report on the results.

Return to posts index

stephen jordan
on Mar 16, 2016 at 3:56:19 pm

Hi Jim

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Here is the file: 9891_tfdfill0001.c4d.zip

Steve

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 16, 2016 at 5:43:52 pm

Stephen,

I'm getting the same result as you did. Why, is another question. To me it looks like an issue with the geometry of the collision object, but I have not yet figured out how to fix it. I don't use TurbFD very often, so this may be a good time for me to get better acquainted with it. I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 16, 2016 at 9:50:03 pm

Stephen,

Could you please provide a file of your project showing the object (Subdivision Surface) which is containing the smoke before you turned it into a polygon object and added the TurbFD Emitter tag to it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

stephen jordan
on Mar 16, 2016 at 10:11:30 pm

Hi Jim.
Will send it tomorrow afternoon. I'm beginning to think turbulence fd doesn't do it.
I tried it with other geometry and it does the same. It appears that it doesn't like curved geo. I've tried different thicknesses, subdivisions. Weird.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 16, 2016 at 10:54:57 pm

As I've had trouble trying to set up other objects to test with, I was just curious how you set up your collision object. Have you tried contacting Jawset support? They have always been quick to respond when I've had questions in the past.

Return to posts index

stephen jordan
on Mar 16, 2016 at 11:36:38 pm

The object has to have Thickness, you can't just do it on the inside of a cube or sphere, you need to extrude it. The extrusion also has to be thicker than the voxel size. Then it should just work.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Mar 17, 2016 at 12:19:12 am

Thanks. I forgot about the thickness issue. It's been awhile since I used TurbFD inside an object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]