MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Need to know about Realistic look ?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arun PrasadNeed to know about Realistic look ?
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 9:45:41 am

Hey guys.,
I'm working in c4d to create an mythical bridge kind of look. But i've set up the models a bit but am confused what would it make to look more realistic. Can someone help me identify what crappy work i did ? And what i should do inorder to make look so real... Am using vray 1.9 and c4dr17 !?!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Need to know about Realistic look ?
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 3:05:06 pm

I'd say the main thing this render needs is more complexity. Reality is messy. I'd expect to see more dirt and debris on the rock surfaces, even though they're steep. Maybe some weeds or grass growing out of cracks. I'd also expect to see some foam on the water. Maybe add some damage to the wood bridge. FWIW

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need to know about Realistic look ?
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:23:25 pm

Also, there's no hint that the water is wet. Both the bridge and the rock should have wet marks where the water has touched if it's all wavy like that.

The repetition of the texture on the rock walls isn't helping you either. Work to create a properly tiling texture instead of simply mirroring it. Speaking of the texture. Rock textures tend to be linear. Your texture is a bit too radial. You should see horizontal lines more than random ones.

The rock wall is too smooth. It could be that smooth near the water, but the higher it gets, the more cracks there would be and the more jagged.

Also, the texture in the boards is too repetitive.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Arun PrasadRe: Need to know about Realistic look ?
by on Mar 18, 2016 at 5:07:52 am

So i can't obtain that wet effect in the bridge using c4d itself right ?! I need to work in PS to get that done right ?!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Need to know about Realistic look ?
by on Mar 18, 2016 at 3:55:33 pm

wetness can be done in C4D too, something else for reality since the bridge is in the water it should stop (or affect the waves on the down-wave (if you understand) side of the bridge. Also with waves that size I would expect some splash from the waves hitting the bridge.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved