MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

I’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin KulesaI’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 6:03:49 pm

I’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface. This light impulse representing brain activity and only need to be rendered slightly below the surface of the brain. My idea was to have 2 models of the brain, one larger exterior and one slightly smaller interior, aligned together. The larger exterior model would be glass structure of the brain. The smaller interior would have light impulse video mapped with alpha channel. I did a test and it looks ok, but i’m sure that there is a better way to do this without mapping video on the surface on the model. Any suggestions and tutorials would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kevin

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: I’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface
by on Mar 14, 2016 at 7:56:57 pm

It sounds like a fun project.

If you have X-Particles you could create some fast particles with trails and short life spans that follow the smaller brain's exterior. Give them some self-illumination and they could very easily create a nice neuron look. As I have become accustomed to using X-Particles for all of my particle needs I don't know if C4D's built in particle system could do something similar, but you may want to look into it.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Kevin KulesaRe: I’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface
by on Mar 15, 2016 at 12:22:26 pm

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, I do not have x-particles. Thanks for responding.

Best, Kevin

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: I’m looking to make a spinning glass brain with light impulses on the surface
by on Mar 17, 2016 at 3:22:45 pm

You could do something similar using a cloner and the tracer object.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]