MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Calling experts for flower growing and blooming and tree growth...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver TrimbleCalling experts for flower growing and blooming and tree growth...
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 12:20:08 pm

Hi guys,

I know that Xfrog would probably be the ideal plug in for this kind of thing but for some reason I can't get the trial version to work appropriately.

Since you guys are seriously the best on the entire internet I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction of any tutorials to model realistic flowers and/or trees and grow them/bloom the flowers.

I can different ways to model but I need to know how I can transfer that to actually growing the damn thing.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Paul FishermanRe: Calling experts for flower growing and blooming and tree growth...
by on Mar 7, 2016 at 1:13:29 pm

Well, I'm not the best expert out there, but have you tried googling for tutorials? This might help:

"Why, Mr. Anderson? Why, why, why? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?"

Return to posts index

Oliver TrimbleRe: Calling experts for flower growing and blooming and tree growth...
by on Mar 8, 2016 at 2:28:58 pm

Thank you - and if I were to download a model of a tree (one I have not made myself)

What would be the best way to grow that model using the tools native to Cinema 4D?

Thanks,

Ollie

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: Calling experts for flower growing and blooming and tree growth...
by on Mar 8, 2016 at 6:50:46 pm

Unfortunately there is not a "grow" effect in C4D to automatically grow a model like you were hoping to do. Without using plugins like Xfrog you must animate splines or hair to create trunk and branch growth, or use Mograph for similar effects. You can find several tutorials on these methods online. As always, Google is your friend.

There is not much you can do with a tree model other than to animate its scale, but I doubt that that is the look you're going for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]