MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Attraction effect

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Proud
Attraction effect
on Feb 28, 2016 at 1:06:50 pm

Hi, I recently bought the new C4D R17 and I struggle with attraction effect. I've seen tutorials on YouTube, but there are in R16 or less. The thing is that I can't find tool called "Collider body" in "Simulation tags".

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Attraction effect
on Feb 28, 2016 at 3:43:47 pm

Hi Andy,

My first guess would be that you are not using a version of C4D that includes dynamics (Studio or Broadcast). If you are using one of those two you are probably looking in the wrong place. You can either right click on the object you wish to add the Collider Body to in the object menu, or select that object and click on the Tags menu. In either case, continue to Simulation Tags > Collider Body, which is the third one down in mine (R17 Studio on a Mac).

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Andy Proud
on Feb 28, 2016 at 6:55:58 pm

Well, it looks like I don't have that dynamics. Where or how could I find it?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Feb 28, 2016 at 9:47:20 pm

In order to have dynamics you must have either Studio or Broadcast, and in Broadcast it's only available for Mograph objects.

If you do have Studio, what is shown in your Simulation Tags menu?

Return to posts index

Andy Proud
on Feb 29, 2016 at 1:22:27 pm

I've got the studio version and in "Simulation Tags menu" I can see only things related with clothes.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Feb 29, 2016 at 5:19:24 pm

Very odd. You might want to try reinstalling C4D, and/or contacting Maxon for support. The Simulation Tags menu should have Rigid, Soft, Collider, and Ghost Body selections, as well as three Cloth ones.

For curiosity's sake, try this: right click on any of the icons in the main menu (objects, splines, deformers, etc.) and select Customize Palettes down near the bottom of the menu that appears. In the Name Filter box enter "body" (without the quotes), which will search for all commands with that in their name. You should get a result in the window below which includes Rigid, Soft, Collider, and Ghost, plus three pertaining to Bodypaint. If those four don't come up, for some reason they are not installed, which would again suggest a reinstall and a call to Maxon.

If you do have those four dynamics bodies listed there drag the Rigid Body icon to a handy spot in your menu next to the other icons and close the Customize Commands window. Since they are all just different versions of the same dynamic body you just need to have one available and you will be able to change it to the others after adding its tag to an object. Once the tag is added (select the object in your object menu and click on the Rigid Body icon) the Dynamics Body Tag menu will appear, and under the Dynamics sub-folder change Dynamics to OFF for a Collider Body, GHOST for a Ghost Body, or go to the Soft Body sub-folder to activate soft body dynamics.

I hope this is helpful, but I would highly suspect that you have a corrupted install. Before a reinstall a call to Maxon may reveal some other cause, but in any case, good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]