MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Volumetric light changes/flickers each frame

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James WoodVolumetric light changes/flickers each frame
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 8:50:22 pm

Hi, I've found useful answers on this forum several times but alas I could not find one for this problem, so I'm making a new post about it.

I'm rendering a very dark, silhouetted scene with a whole bunch of volumetric lights, but I've found that when I render, the volumetic lighting flickers loads, as though it is changing each frame.

This isn't ideal, but you can see the effect here: http://i.imgur.com/x0C00y5.gif

Have a used an odd setting or something? Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Volumetric light changes/flickers each frame
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:10:42 pm

it looks like you have Noise turned on in the light (affecting the Visibility) and that is animated by default

Return to posts index

James WoodRe: Volumetric light changes/flickers each frame
by on Feb 24, 2016 at 11:32:35 pm

Yeah, that was exactly the issue. I felt like there was something to do with noise, but I'm just so tired I managed to completely pass over that tab! Thanks a lot, takes another person to notice these things sometimes.

Return to posts index

James WoodRe: Volumetric light changes/flickers each frame
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 10:19:59 pm

Saying that, is there a way to add noise to the light without it being animated? Or if it must be animated, a way to slow it down, so it doesn't look so much like flickering?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Volumetric light changes/flickers each frame
by on Feb 25, 2016 at 10:30:56 pm

Velocity controls the speed at which the noise changes. Set it to 0 and it should be still.
Wind Speed at the bottom (in combo with the Wind settings above it for direction) controls how fast it moves across the screen - that's 0 by default so it's shouldn't be doing anything but if you want that kind of movement...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]