MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Swarm Like Logic

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom RolandSwarm Like Logic
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 12:21:47 am

Hello all,

Looking to create a setup that would be able to emit particles with trails flowing along a surface. The biggest catch is that I need the particles to recognize their surrounds and not intersect with any of the trails that are being formed. Essentially looking to simulate a gradient descent or swarming logic, but flowing over an input geometry. I can send a working file if anyone is interested, but it still needs quite a bit of work.
Extremely new to C4D so struggling my way through here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Swarm Like Logic
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 6:42:13 pm

That seems very struggling for a begginer to acchieve. For a start, just a flock behaviour that doesnt intersect with its own trail should be a hard thing to do, let alone all the rest.

how are you trying to do this? Any specific particle simulator?

Anyway, good luck on that and keep us updated if you manage to do it. I'd be interested to see how far you can get to.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Tom RolandRe: Swarm Like Logic
by on Feb 19, 2016 at 8:08:16 pm

Hi Cassius,

Using x particles and a couple of tutorials I have been able to get particles to travel up a surface towards specific attractors. Unfortunately there is a TON of overlap that I haven't been able to eliminate yet.

I can send you a copy of the file if you would like to have a look?

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Swarm Like Logic
by on Feb 22, 2016 at 11:55:41 am

the problem is that I think you won't be able to avoid the overlapping using any available particle engine. You'd have to use a very customized thinking particles setup. Thats why I said it was hard to do since I can only imagine it takes some complex python programing to figure out future paths colision and avoid them.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]