MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Team Render - Client prepares to render then goes idle

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bussé
Team Render - Client prepares to render then goes idle
on Feb 18, 2016 at 2:24:59 am

I've setup a client PC to render alongside my Mac. When I team render to picture viewer, my client says it's allocating space to render, then before the render starts it just goes back to Idle. Pings check out okay, and the client shows up fine in the Team Render Machines window from the Mac.

Any tips?

Return to posts index

Jareb Coupe
Re: Team Render - Client prepares to render then goes idle
on Feb 18, 2016 at 12:42:53 pm

Man.. I wish there was some more insight/acknowledgement of this issue. Or, at least some debugging/logging information that told the reason a client machine would stop helping and revert to idle (maybe there is?). I posted the same thing almost a year ago, with an update very recently.

But your post helps me realize it's not specific to PC/Mac. I feel it's related to a specific render setting, or combination of settings.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of render settings are you using? GI? And does the client always seem to crap out right after it builds a GI cache, and JUST starts rendering? We probably have different issues, with very similar symptoms - I say that because yours craps out on 'allocating space to render', where-as mine occurs just after GI pre-pass has completed. The end result being: the team clients ditch the render, go back to idle, leaving the host machine to do the render alone.

----------------------------------------------
Hobbyist level - R17

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
on Feb 18, 2016 at 8:54:55 pm

Yes, the last thing my client says is rendering, then as soon as it says that it immediately switches into Idle mode.

I had another Mac client that worked for a couple weeks fine then stopped. I tried to fix that and add a different PC Client too, but with no luck. I just moved after a renovation at work so I have a new office with more network ports so I'm not running any routers this time and I was hoping that with a newer imaged PC would fix things.

I am generating GI for this scene, but not passing the GI cache along through the team render.

Return to posts index

Andy Sills
on Feb 18, 2016 at 9:11:58 pm

Yeah I agree with both of you, team render is not a very popular thing for some strange stupid reason.
If you unverify the client machines then verify again, thats worked for me in the past but not always.
Also, don't do that during render, it wont just click back on, unfortunately another dumb thing about team render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]