MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

MoGraph Cloner Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse McClearMoGraph Cloner Question
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 3:22:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm stumped. I have to create a perfect pattern of spheres that stack together. As in even, odd, even, odd. And then wrap that pattern of spheres around a polygon object, while keeping that perfect pattern. Does this sound like a code thing or am I in the wrong program?

The closest I can get is with an object Cloner, but then I lose the pattern. As it only assigns the spheres to polygons, points, etc.

Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Andy SillsRe: MoGraph Cloner Question
by on Feb 16, 2016 at 9:43:06 pm

Well if you want the back and forth from the small to big objects, just drag both of those objects to be children of the cloner and thats it.
There are a ton of different ways to manipulate the cloner and it gets way more extensive than that, but it seems pretty basic stuff that youre wanting to do.

Also, for wrapping the cloner, its tough to do in a live version of the cloner, I would connect objects and then start messing with that.

Return to posts index

Jesse McClearRe: MoGraph Cloner Question
by on Feb 17, 2016 at 9:02:48 pm

I know how to use the cloner, but the difficult part is applying the pattern consistently around an object. The problem I'm having with using a cloner, is the pattern gets congested where the polygons get smaller on my object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved