MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenni SandersHow can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 11:59:44 am
Last Edited By Jenni Sanders on Feb 9, 2016 at 2:23:59 pm

Hi - I've got a Thinking Particle system to make rocks follow a spline over a conveyer belt. Problem is, they're following in a neat line and I would like them to spread across the width of the belt (see image).

My TP is from a tutorial as I have no experience with it at all. I think it's being restricted by the Spline, so even when I change X size on the PStorm, it still stays as a single line (see screenshot).

How can I get the particles to spread out width ways?

Thankyou!

screenshot2016-02-09at11.58.23.png

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?
by on Feb 9, 2016 at 5:38:00 pm

I would suggest you look at the TP Move On Spline preset that's located in the Content Browser's Studio>Presets>Thinking Particles Presets>Setups>Interaction folder.

Return to posts index

Jenni SandersRe: How can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 9:31:34 am

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply - I can't seem to get anything to work using the preset!
I've attached a screenshot.

I added the preset to the scene, added the Conveyer Spline to the "Spline" field. Also added Particle Group "All" to the Particle Group field. And despite a lot of playing around, on different scenes with different variations, I can't even get thinking particles to emit! Nothing happens at all.

Have I missed something obvious? I've looked on Tutorials and they just seem to add it to the scene and it works!

screenshot2016-02-10at09.28.41.png

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?
by on Feb 10, 2016 at 2:22:55 pm

I don't know what's under the null object, but the move along spline preset needs an actual TP emitter to function. You can use the "basic emitter" preset for that.

Return to posts index

Jenni SandersRe: How can I add width to Thinking Particles following a spline?
by on Feb 11, 2016 at 8:26:16 am

The null object just contains all other objects in the scene, mostly hidden to neaten it all up.
Ok great thankyou for your help! I'll add that :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]