MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aiden WheatHow do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:00:19 pm

This client wants me to design him an intro containing a sword which fly's and cracks the top of a skull. I have modeled the skull and sword already. I have tried using plugins like nitroblast but the outcome isn't perfect, I've also tried cinema 4d default tools: Explosion, Explosion FX and shatter but it's making the whole skull shatter, which I don't want. So if anyone has a idea or a fix to this problem, could you please comment, thankyou.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:03:21 pm

What's wrong with the Nitroblast result?

Return to posts index

Aiden WheatRe: How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 7:09:15 pm

I just added random materials so you can see the outcome, http://prntscr.com/a0oo0c

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 9:37:59 pm

Ah, you need to check the video tutorials that come with the plugin. If your object has a normals tag, delete it first off. Then there's a few things you need to do:

1. Go ahead and break the object and then go to the Nitroblast Object (below Main Pieces) and remove your original object from the Nitroblast heirarchy. You can now delete the Nitroblast object heirarchy;

2. With your skull object selected, open the Nitroblast plugin again (if you closed it before) and go to the Styles tab. Click the "Bake Normals" button;

3. No go back to the main tab and rebreak your object. With the parent Nitroblast object selected, go to the transparency tab in properties and make sure the "Enable" box is checked.

That should get it looking right.

Return to posts index

Aiden WheatRe: How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on Feb 8, 2016 at 11:08:27 pm

Thankyou so much Adam, it worked :) I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

martin szoradRe: How do I make a cracked skull animation inside Cinema 4D?
by on May 17, 2016 at 11:28:23 am

Hey guys can you helkp me too? I have the same problem like Aiden. But for some reason the solution is not workin. Can you look at my model and try to break it? Thank you so much

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]