MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Scale keyframes in value (not time)?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Smith
Scale keyframes in value (not time)?
on Feb 4, 2016 at 12:02:02 pm

Hi,
must be a simple way to do this but can't work it out.
I want to scale the values of multiple keyframes in the graph editor together, say in the x-axis (example being object moves in the x-axis with a keyframe every 10 frames - overall it's moving too far so want to reduce all the keyframes at once so it travels less but still has a keyframe every 10 frames - hope this makes sense).
I know how to drag or use move/scale but that's in time. Thought I could maybe use the scale tool on keyframes a la Maya but nope.
Stumped.
Any help welcome.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Scale keyframes in value (not time)?
on Feb 4, 2016 at 5:18:43 pm

select the tracks you want to scale and in the AM you should see F-Curve Offset and F-Curve Scale

Return to posts index

Simon Smith
on Feb 4, 2016 at 9:53:51 pm

Thanks a lot for getting back.

Changing F-Curve scale here doesn't seem to make any real change to the actual values (select them in the graph editor and they're exactly the same), seems to be something to do with Auto Relative viewing as far as I can tell (the R pops up beside Position X). Taken a trip to Cineversity to try and understand that but as far as I can tell that's just for convenience of seeing curves together no matter the value.
Happy to be corrected here as I am struggling to get my head around this.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 4, 2016 at 10:22:36 pm

it looked promising but the help says you are correct, just the f-curve is changed without changing the actual values - it's to enable you to have f-curves with wildly different values all be visible at the same time. Can't find an actual value scalar on a second quick search.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 4, 2016 at 11:50:04 pm

found it - in the Timeline window View/Show enable "Show Min/Max Values" - that adds a dashed green line at the min and max values and you can grab either min or max and scale. Scales toward/away from the other line not both toward the center.

Return to posts index

Simon Smith
on Feb 5, 2016 at 11:06:30 am

Hey,
switched it on, still scratching my head over this till I realised my colour scheme's just the right shade of grey to make the coloured line pretty much invisible. Anyway, tweaked it so now I can see it - thanks so much for your persistence with this! Great help.
Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]