MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Spline Wrap / Ribbon Shape Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric GuilianiSpline Wrap / Ribbon Shape Question
by on Jan 27, 2016 at 2:49:04 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to wrap a specific shape to a splinewrap, ultimately wanting to move it along like a growing / moving ribbon. Two issues I'm having:

1) How to get the ribbon shape to bend along the spline wrap (right now it follows the spline when animating the offset, but how can you get it to mold to the spline, bending the shape and contouring it to the spline?

2) How can I stretch the shape along the spline, while still keeping the edges and proportions in tact?

Basically, if you look at the slanted rounded rectangle shape in the file, I want it to grow, stretch and move along the spline like a ribbon, but with the rounded edges and integrity of the shape still in proportion.
If anyone can help or tell me what I'm missing, I'd love to hear! :) Any help greatly appreciated!

Here is the file for reference:

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Spline Wrap / Ribbon Shape Question
by on Jan 27, 2016 at 5:45:08 pm

the origin line for the extrude "P_slice_lg" has Intermediate Points set to Adaptive which limits the number of points along the long sides to as few as possible - in this case none between the corners - any other type will give you enough points to bend along the Spline, though Uniform or Subdivided will probably give you the best control without making too many useless points in the corners. it may help to give the Extrude a Regular Grid set of Caps if it's going to twist at all.

Return to posts index

Eric GuilianiRe: Spline Wrap / Ribbon Shape Question
by on Jan 27, 2016 at 7:24:49 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a try...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved