MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

GPU influence on Team Render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Duncan
GPU influence on Team Render
on Jan 26, 2016 at 1:46:12 am

Hey, guys.

I'm fairly new to C4D so apologies if this is too basic a question. I was wondering if rendering was done all via CPU, or if the GPU was also a factor.

I have two boxes at the moment and both were running a GTX 740. However, I just upgraded my primary workstation to a GTX 780 Ti and the speed per frame when I render in the picture viewer (this box only rather than a Team render) is about the same as it was before the upgrade. That led me to wonder if the rendering performance was independent of the GPU.

If that's case, it means I can use boxes for a render farm that focus on memory and CPU without having to stick high end video cards in them. Would appreciate any insights you might offer.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Duncan
ChristopherDuncan.com
Atlanta, GA

System specs:
Windows 7 64 bit, Xeon 3.2 ghz, 24 gb ram, 2 SSDs (boot & media), Nvidia GTX 740 4 gb ram
C4D Broadcast R17

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: GPU influence on Team Render
on Jan 26, 2016 at 2:26:36 am

GPU has no effect on rendering in Cinema, at least using the native renderer. There are several third party GPU engines available, however.

Return to posts index

Chris Duncan
Re: GPU influence on Team Render
on Jan 26, 2016 at 3:09:32 am

Thanks very much, Adam. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

Chris Duncan
ChristopherDuncan.com
Atlanta, GA

System specs:
Windows 7 64 bit, Xeon 3.2 ghz, 24 gb ram, 2 SSDs (boot & media), Nvidia GTX 740 4 gb ram
C4D Broadcast R17

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]