MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D GI export

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Golan Bueno
Cinema 4D GI export
on Jan 21, 2016 at 8:49:28 pm

Hello everyone,

So I saw this gif on the internet yesterday and thought by myself 'this shouldn't be too hard'.
http://9gag.com/gag/arKbp1X?ref=android

The hardest thing is getting the light from the lightsaber cast on my body. With a simple 'beam effect' in After Effect alone doesn't make it look realistic. I filmed myself with a green screen. Put the video in C4D and made a simple animation of my motion. It's my first time animating something in C4D (took me forever). I made a 'lightsaber' that’s cast lights with 'Luminance'. And with the 'compositing' tag I made sure it's not visible thru the camera.

The thing were I get stuck is here. All I want to render is the body where the lights hit it. So I can put this on my green screen layer in AE. How do I render this. I tried this only before with multipass shadows and luminance, both didn't work.

Does someone know what I’m doing wrong. If you still got questions because I didn’t explain properly, please ask.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cinema 4D GI export
on Jan 21, 2016 at 10:42:41 pm

You just want to render the body with a transparent background? If so check the "Alpha" box in render settings>save tab.

Return to posts index

Golan Bueno
Re: Cinema 4D GI export
on Jan 23, 2016 at 8:01:09 pm

Thanks for your replay.

I want to render it just like shadows (only the shadows). Except in this case it's only where the lights hit the body.

You did gave me an idea. I made the background black, because with the alpha layer it didn't work that well. I got a weird white line around my body.

So with the background also black it all worked out in AE. I needed to make a precompose of my greenscreen layer above my c4d render and put the render to 'Alpha Matte'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]