MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D GI export

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Golan BuenoCinema 4D GI export
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 8:49:28 pm

Hello everyone,

So I saw this gif on the internet yesterday and thought by myself 'this shouldn't be too hard'.

The hardest thing is getting the light from the lightsaber cast on my body. With a simple 'beam effect' in After Effect alone doesn't make it look realistic. I filmed myself with a green screen. Put the video in C4D and made a simple animation of my motion. It's my first time animating something in C4D (took me forever). I made a 'lightsaber' that’s cast lights with 'Luminance'. And with the 'compositing' tag I made sure it's not visible thru the camera.

The thing were I get stuck is here. All I want to render is the body where the lights hit it. So I can put this on my green screen layer in AE. How do I render this. I tried this only before with multipass shadows and luminance, both didn't work.

Does someone know what I’m doing wrong. If you still got questions because I didn’t explain properly, please ask.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Cinema 4D GI export
by on Jan 21, 2016 at 10:42:41 pm

You just want to render the body with a transparent background? If so check the "Alpha" box in render settings>save tab.

Return to posts index

Golan BuenoRe: Cinema 4D GI export
by on Jan 23, 2016 at 8:01:09 pm

Thanks for your replay.

I want to render it just like shadows (only the shadows). Except in this case it's only where the lights hit the body.

You did gave me an idea. I made the background black, because with the alpha layer it didn't work that well. I got a weird white line around my body.

So with the background also black it all worked out in AE. I needed to make a precompose of my greenscreen layer above my c4d render and put the render to 'Alpha Matte'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved