MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Can't Paint on 3D OBject

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir LesterCan't Paint on 3D OBject
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:17:37 pm

Hey! So, I'm fairly new to Cinema 4D and I just bought r17, and I love it. It's so user friendly but for the life of me, I need help!

So, I have a cube and my cube has a very plain jane red texture on it. I take it into Bodypaint and try to paint on it. I try to load the texture, like tutorials and forums have said by clicking on the red X in the materials tab and the pencil appears. But even so, I'm still not able to paint on the cube. I tried the Paint Wizard thing and no matter which way I spin it, it changes the color of the cube to a grey color rather than keeping the red and just letting me paint on top. I don't understand. I'm sure its very simple but all im trying to do is paint on top of the dang thing and c4d is making it difficult! Please help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Can't Paint on 3D OBject
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 7:43:00 pm

BP works with textures (images) which you create as you paint them on. Your red is just a normal material without an image to give the red so when you try to paint on it it replaces the procedural (mathematical) red with an image file (which gives grey to start of with).
You probably need to start a new material so the red can be the base material and the new material paints over that - or you have to paint the whole cube red, to get the base color you want, then apply new color over that after.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved