MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Slide tool, texturing issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luka SchulzSlide tool, texturing issues
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:00:19 pm

Hi, why does my texture get distorted when I use the slide tool? When I use the knife tool to cut my object it doesn't affect the texture. But once I move the newly cut edge it causes the texture to go all wonky.

Any help would be much appreciated.

This is my first time posting so I am not sure how to put the texture with the c4d file. But here is the link:

Luka Schulz

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Slide tool, texturing issues
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 5:25:51 pm

to include images do a Save Project With Assets and zip the resulting folder to upload. The Slide tool should cause stretching of a texture not what's happening to yours but the backboard isn't one piece - after you made the Extrude backboard editable you Connect and Deleted the three parts but you need to Optimize after to make all three parts really be one. If you do that, then Knife (try a loop or plane), then Slide it will only stretch/compress the texture - there is no way to avoid that as you are changing the UVWs. You can fix it by making erasing the old UVW tag and choosing a new Mapping (Cubic maybe with this object) and regenerating new UVW coords.

Return to posts index

Luka SchulzRe: Slide tool, texturing issues
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 11:18:51 pm

Thank you! Ya I finally used plane mode on knife tool after optimizing the connected object. Thank you for helping me :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved