MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Projecting video into a c4d scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul RijkaardProjecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 1:04:06 pm

is it possible in c4d to project video rather than it attaching it to an object surface? I mean specifically to recreate the effect of placing a projector into a room and shining it onto objects, so that the objects are illuminated by the video? and so that the video image distorts with the shape of the object it is beaming onto.

Many thanks

Paul

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 1:28:42 pm

You might be able to do that by using a spot light as a projector and putting the movie into the transparency channel of a material, then putting the material on the light as a gel. In the transparency channel you then need to click on the button to edit the movie, then click on the Animation tab and click Calculate.

Jack

Return to posts index

Luka SchulzRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:01:29 pm

Im not sure if that will accomplish what I am hoping to do. I only want the edges textured.

Return to posts index

Paul RijkaardRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 2:16:34 pm

Amazing, thank you very helpful.
At the moment I can see that there is an animation there, but it is relatively much bigger than the light beam, do you know how I would go about scaling the animation in the transparency channel?

Also could you give an indicator about how I might square off the spotlight shape so that it is not round?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:07:16 pm

You can adjust the size and aspect ratio of the beam by scaling the UVs of the light/material.

Return to posts index

Paul RijkaardRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 3:08:02 pm

I think I have figured how to resize by changing the scale of the material tag applied to the light,

but have found a slightly odd thing: I want a single projection of the video - as default the material tag is set to tile - when I switch this off the image disappears. Any ideas why?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Projecting video into a c4d scene
by on Jan 15, 2016 at 6:40:10 pm

Select your light and the texture tag and then enable the Texture Tool. Assuming that your tag is set to use flat projection you should see a yellow grid which represents the projection. You can use the move, scale, and rotate tools to place the projection exactly where you want it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]