MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R17 Broadcast manual

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris DuncanR17 Broadcast manual
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 6:03:17 pm

Hey, guys.

I've just purchased C4D and have no experience in 3D modeling. Embarrassingly, I'm one of those people who actually read the manual. So, I was a little surprised to find that C4D doesn't have one. Context sensitive online help, yes, but the common pdf manual doesn't appear to exist / be available for download.

There's a wealth of videos out there (along with paid courseware like Lynda) and I'll doubtless avail myself of them, but I do like to read up on a product's features as well. Is there reading material out there somewhere that's close to the scope and intent of a user manual?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: R17 Broadcast manual
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 7:25:48 pm

the help is in html format. The Context sensitive help is not online it's on your computer and can be accessed to read without contextual access

Documentation can also be found on Maxon's site under support/documentation which has the docs in html format and QuickStart help in .pdf

and the whole docs in html format can be viewed on the support/Online2Help link.

Return to posts index

Chris DuncanRe: R17 Broadcast manual
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 7:41:28 pm

Thanks very much, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. I had visited the download link you mentioned, and it threw me off because they're all listed as "context sensitive help" when in fact it's the actual manual.

I do most of my RTFM on my iPad, so I usually download pdf files. However, I'm always home when I'm reading tech stuff, so you posting the online link was just what I need for that scenario.

Can't wait to get rolling with it. Looks like a really nice package.

Return to posts index

Chris DuncanRe: R17 Broadcast manual
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 8:56:26 pm

My previous reply tripped the bad word filter because I used an ancient and time honored acronym for reading the manual. My, how times have changed. ;-)

Not to mention getting flagged for questionable verbiage on my first bovine thread. Off to a great start!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved