MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Blanket of pearls for Organic Scultping (Not for animation)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alan farkasBlanket of pearls for Organic Scultping (Not for animation)
by on Jan 14, 2016 at 5:29:39 am

HEEEELP! Countless hours on this problem:

I am trying to create organic shapes of connected objects, sort of like a blanket of pearls (as opposed to just string.)

Important Note: I need to sculpt/deform to create flowing organic shape - not animation. Just a still image. Will post Ref Pic, and what I've done so far.

I've done the Mograph Object Cloner, and connected it to vertices of a plane (and tried a Bezier Object, as well) and then either used regular CD Deformers, or just moved the vertices. Problems:

1. The vertices stretch, and objects move away from each other. Need the objects to only be able to spin in place, and MAAAYBE just a bit of rotation between objects, but they shouldn't be able to overlap - so real world rules, here.

2. I don't want to randomly animate - need to be able to do this for clients and make specific tweaks by hand.

I have a sneaking suspicion I need to use Particles and or Xpresso in some way, but haven't found the tut that would make me go that way yet (also i do NOT know Xpresso yet, FYI)

Adam Trachtenburg's advice ( to someone else's prob sooort of worked but not quite for this.

Here's my Ref Image:

and what I've been able to do so far:

Link to my file:

SIDE NOTE: I also have trouble using deformers the way I've seen in Tuts - but putting them in a null with the Cloner object, i.e. making them siblings. Is there a linear order to it that I'm not picking up on?

ANY and all help very, very, very appreciated!!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved