MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shamefully basic question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben KoralShamefully basic question
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 3:21:11 am

I recently picked up cinema 4d again after several years in order to make some simple objects for a project. At the moment I'm trying to create a cube that the internal geometry is visible, but you can see through the outside polygons. In other words, I want do hide/remove one side of a polygon. I know it's fairly basic question, but I can't even recall what the function is called.

Thank You!

Return to posts index

Gary LockhartRe: Shamefully basic question
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 9:20:52 pm

Create cube, make editable (c key), select polygon tool, select side of cube you want to delete and then press delete key. Hope this is what you are after.

Return to posts index

Ben KoralRe: Shamefully basic question
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 9:32:18 pm

Not quite. Let me take what you said a bit further and see if it makes any sense then.

Create a cube, make editable, select a face, but delete key. Then put an object into the box. If you look inside the cube where the hole is, you can see the object and the interior of the box.

What I'm going for is that when you rotate around the cube, the exterior polygons are not shown so that you will always be able to see the remaining internal faces. As well as the object inside the box.

Hopefully this description makes sense.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Shamefully basic question
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 10:08:32 pm

sounds like you want two materials, a normal material on the Back faces and a transparent (or Alpha) material on the Front faces

Return to posts index

Ben KoralRe: Shamefully basic question
by on Jan 8, 2016 at 10:12:04 pm

I see. So it's a materials issue, not a geometry issue. I'll give it a try, thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]