MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Noise Space texturing issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Noise Space texturing issues
on Jan 4, 2016 at 6:10:17 pm

Hi all,
I've done a bunch of medical videos with organic objects, and I've used Noise shaders a lot for various items. In general, I've set the Noise space to UV because I was getting flickering when the space was set to texture. In general I haven't been too careful with the UV maps, as I can generally get either the generic UV map from a spherical object to work, or I can use a cubic projection to work with organic shapes. Here's the thing - I'm doing a few projects now where I have to export to unity and Maya, so I'm using FBX exports. So far so good, until this particular element that I was transferring. If you look at the attached image, Object B was my original object. The noise space was set to Texture (probably I hadn't noticed that in the original animation), and there are no seems in the noise pattern. Object C has the noise space changed to UV. Here the seems are evident. I then used a bake texture tag to bake the texture for the other systems. Object D is a new object with the baked texures from object C, and Object A is the new object with textures baked from object B. I know long winded. The baked texture from the UV noise is pretty much identical, but when I bake the noise from the object with the noise set to texture it's different. My first question is - why does object B not have seems. How is the noise in texture space achieving this, and secondly, how can I bake this out to a texture map? I'm assuming I have no choice but to tweak the UV's or live with the seems. Can anyone explain why I can get object B to look the way it is?
BTW, all the textures are using UVW as the projection type. It's only the space in the noise that's different.

Thanks,
Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]