MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Noise Space texturing issues

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GoldbergNoise Space texturing issues
by on Jan 4, 2016 at 6:10:17 pm

Hi all,
I've done a bunch of medical videos with organic objects, and I've used Noise shaders a lot for various items. In general, I've set the Noise space to UV because I was getting flickering when the space was set to texture. In general I haven't been too careful with the UV maps, as I can generally get either the generic UV map from a spherical object to work, or I can use a cubic projection to work with organic shapes. Here's the thing - I'm doing a few projects now where I have to export to unity and Maya, so I'm using FBX exports. So far so good, until this particular element that I was transferring. If you look at the attached image, Object B was my original object. The noise space was set to Texture (probably I hadn't noticed that in the original animation), and there are no seems in the noise pattern. Object C has the noise space changed to UV. Here the seems are evident. I then used a bake texture tag to bake the texture for the other systems. Object D is a new object with the baked texures from object C, and Object A is the new object with textures baked from object B. I know long winded. The baked texture from the UV noise is pretty much identical, but when I bake the noise from the object with the noise set to texture it's different. My first question is - why does object B not have seems. How is the noise in texture space achieving this, and secondly, how can I bake this out to a texture map? I'm assuming I have no choice but to tweak the UV's or live with the seems. Can anyone explain why I can get object B to look the way it is?
BTW, all the textures are using UVW as the projection type. It's only the space in the noise that's different.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved