MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Breaking falling motext

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoffrey WeglarzBreaking falling motext
by on Jan 2, 2016 at 7:40:44 pm

I know this is a real neophyte question. I have some MoText with the letters broken out. I have made the text editable, applied rigid body to the first letter, and collider body to the plane. I want the first letter to fall to the plane and break apart. Right now it falls, but there are no segments for it to break into. What very simple thing am I missing?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Breaking falling motext
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 2:52:49 am

you have to break it into the parts you want. If you want fractured type parts Thrausi http://nitro4d.com/blog/freebie/thrausi/ (or something like it) helps a lot

Return to posts index

Geoffrey WeglarzRe: Breaking falling motext
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 11:50:38 am

Thanks. I have Thrausi amd NirtoBlast, I just thought I could somehow set segments on the letter and have that fracture on collision. Because then, I want to have a robot arm pickup a broom and sweep the shattered particles off the stage.

Don't know if the link will lead to file successfully.

9623_2015outlawpenguinrobotarmwithfallingo0002.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Jan 3, 2016 at 10:07:24 pm

Fracture of disconnected polys in your letter would give only polys after collision - if that's what you want then make the 'O' editable connect all the parts, then select all the polys and use Disconnect, put that into a Fracture... Otherwise if you want solid chunks from the collision you will have to use Thrausi.NitroBlast to pre-break the O. Here's a test of that 9626_2015outlawpenguinrobotarmwithfalling2.c4d.zip

the extra xpresso on the Thrausi'd O is to turn off Self Collisions in the Dynamics Body tag until it collides with something, otherwise the way Thrausi works stuff starts to break up as it falls

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2016 at 7:30:29 am

Thanks, that's the start I needed. Now I just have to use either nitroblast or thrausi to get the effect I want. That's a great help.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2016 at 7:44:33 am

I have only run some tutorials on the Nitro 4D stuff. After I break them, will they interact with the robot body as a rigid body? Meaning if the robot hits the chunks on the floor, will they move? If I bring the robot back into scene with a broom will the Nitro chunks honor dynamics tags for rigid/collider so I can sweep them off?

You've been a great help. I really thought there would be an easier way besides a plugin.

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2016 at 2:52:59 pm

yes, the chunks will react to the robot if you put a collider body tag on to the part(s) of the robot you want to affect the chunks - it's just like the floor, without the collider tag the parts would just go right through. Yes, it can be an animated object like the robot (or a broom) because the collider tag, unlike the Dynamic tag, isn't trying to add motion to a system, it's just a recognition that an object is there for dynamic calculation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]