MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shattered glass dynamic parts going through collider (floor) and non-stop jittering

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enrique RoviraShattered glass dynamic parts going through collider (floor) and non-stop jittering
by on Jan 2, 2016 at 11:48:32 am

Hi all and happy new year!!

9615_retrotvset.c4d.zip

Attached a scene I have created. I want to have the TV glass fall on the floor but you will notice part of the glass goes slightly through the floor. And some parts don't stop jittering either. I have tried increasing substeps in project settings, changing custom mass, adding linear and angular damping, changing collision shape, bounce, friction and a ton others but nothing seems to solve either. Bits of glass still go through the floor and the smaller bits keep dancing like jumping beans.

Any ideas what could I try or what am I missing?

Thanks!

ER

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Shattered glass dynamic parts going through collider (floor) and non-stop jittering
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 5:26:59 am
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Jan 3, 2016 at 5:42:54 am

ClothNurb is adding thickness but that is not included in the dynamics calculation so it can go right through the floor until the poly that *is* included finally contacts.
Some of the jitter I think is caused by the construction, it would be better if you made the pieces and didn't use a Fracture object to separate them (and then add thickness...) - it might help to cut the screen shape from the TV box as well rather than leaving it there, maybe not

9619_retrotvset2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Enrique RoviraRe: Shattered glass dynamic parts going through collider (floor) and non-stop jittering
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 9:55:38 am

Amazing Brian, that's exactly what I was looking for, many thanks!!

I've recreated the scene you've done (first to practice what you have done) then only added dynamics to the centre pieces as I wanted to keep that hole only in the middle of the TV screen. Having the individual polys gives me way more control too.

Here's a still of the finished scene:
9621_screenshot20160103at09.52.11.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Shattered glass dynamic parts going through collider (floor) and non-stop jittering
by on Jan 3, 2016 at 10:09:31 pm

ah, good look with the S&T

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]