MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Little problem regarding an object I want to wrap based on two others

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Sander
Little problem regarding an object I want to wrap based on two others
on Dec 29, 2015 at 1:54:54 pm

So, if you can see that rectangular object "cube", what I want is firstly to wrap it around that cylinder there. However, when it meets that more complex round object, which is actually an Illustrator spline from the beginning, it's supposed to follow that. Since it's not a flat surface, I want it to be wrapped around that as well, so that the objects blend together. If you don't understand what I mean, think about an Omega symbol or look at this picture:

I have taken a look at spline wrap, but not only am I still not entirely getting its function, I also have two objects to consider. What would be the easiest solution to this?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Little problem regarding an object I want to wrap based on two others
on Dec 29, 2015 at 5:14:22 pm

is the 'wrap' itself going to be an animation (from Straight to Wrapped around your other objects) or is the final form just part of a model?

Return to posts index

Martin Sander
on Dec 29, 2015 at 5:15:21 pm

It's a static object.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 29, 2015 at 8:47:56 pm

then don't try to wrap it it's more trouble than it's worth (unless you just want to see if it can be done etc). You have two more controllable choices

- use a spline which is the correct shape (like your red omega) and Sweep a rectangle spline along that to make your shape
- model it out of some simpler shapes - here's a test using that approach 9601_handwrap.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Martin Sander
on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:24:05 pm

Been away for a week or so but I used a spline I made in Illustrator that was shaped like an Omega sign. Good enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]