MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Different single frame results when rendering all frames?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Semke
Different single frame results when rendering all frames?
on Dec 21, 2015 at 4:59:31 pm

I'm rendering out my scene and when I play it back I notice a sudden jump in lighting from one frame to the next. At frame 64 it looks like a light turned on. Some of my reflective surfaces just pop suddenly.

I'm having difficulty finding out what the issue was because when I render out single frames they are all lit just fine.

Is it a render setting?

9579_angiesbringtheboom10.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Different single frame results when rendering all frames?
on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:04:12 pm
Last Edited By Brian Jones on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:05:51 pm

not seeing it, the biggest shift I see is frame 60-61 as a lot of the glow gets cut off as the platform settles into place but no real jumps - unless I'm not seeing it due to the missing images but judging be their names I wouldn't think so.

Return to posts index

Matt Semke
on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:22:49 pm

You can really see it in the upper left reflections on the boombox.

FRAME 63

FRAME 64

Like I said. I don't see this at all if I render out JUST frame 63...or even frames way earlier than that. Only when I change my render setting to ALL FRAMES. Then I see this result.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:46:21 pm

I did render out a smaller range due to the length, something I don't think I would even even see as that image in the upper left was not included. Looking at your images though it looks like the only change is that meter image. If it's not something in that texture I'd try rendering by not using all frames do two goes, first half/second half as a workaround maybe.

Return to posts index

Matt Semke
on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:55:56 pm
Last Edited By Matt Semke on Dec 21, 2015 at 8:58:30 pm

You can see it several other spots on the image too....the TC logos on both speakers... along the top radio dial is real shadowed then it pops. My boss didn't see it but I saw it and so did the other 3D dude. Gonna have to watch this whole animation a few hundred times this year so I'd really like to know why this happens.

I'm just realizing now that it only happens on the textures that are PNGs and JPGs. Should I use a different format for textures ? Or should I use luminance channel instead of color channel for them?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 21, 2015 at 10:04:12 pm

luminance is appropriate for self illuminated parts (like the meter I assume) but would be not good for realism with other parts where shadow and reflection should be effective. Other than trying PSD or Tiff as an image type it might be shadow as both of the lights are soft shadow at the default settings Bias or Sample Radius might need to be adjusted... or up the shadow resolution or go to area shadows... Does the Physical renderer do the same thing?

Return to posts index

Matt Semke
on Dec 21, 2015 at 10:25:16 pm

Thanks!

Physical render didn't seem to be noticeably better, so due to time I never rendered out an animation.

Haven't really adjusted my render settings at all because it's still an early draft. But when I saw this I didn't want to go too much farther without figuring out what was causing it.

I think I'll try cranking up the settings on the lights first.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:20:25 pm

don't know that Physical would fix it or not, those are all just guesses of where to look

Return to posts index

Matt Semke
on Dec 22, 2015 at 4:24:39 pm

Cranking my light settings up didn't work. But one of your earlier suggestions of breaking up the render did.

My current workaround:
Rendered out all the frames in one pass. Rendered out frames 43-64 in another. For whatever reason just highlighting the frames where it's popping out fixes the issue.

Is this a common thing to run into with c4d?
Is there a proper name for this type of problem?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Dec 22, 2015 at 4:29:20 pm

odd stuff happens mostly due to render nodes not having the same chip as another, or people expecting exactly what you see in the viewport during a render with simulations of one sort or another but I haven't seen texture's popping like that myself, wouldn't know what to call it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]