MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cloner speed limit / velocity threshold

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wolfram zwanzigercloner speed limit / velocity threshold
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:46:47 am

hi everyone,

i was wondering how to set a speed limit for mograph-clones. i found the great python effector "speed to weight" (https://vimeo.com/74972815). but as far as i see this one only reads the speed for each clone. i would like to give the clones some kind of a velocity threshold so they can't move faster than a given value. is there any way to do this with mograph via a python effector maybe?

thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

wolfram zwanzigerRe: cloner speed limit / velocity threshold
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 6:42:05 pm

edit: i did a different setup using a matrix object to create thinking particles. but in this case it seems that the particles have no velocity so the tp_speed limit has no affect.

is there a way to calculate a negative velocity based on the matrix-weight in expresso?
please have a look at the test file i did:
i would like to slow down the right clones/particles.

thank you!

9580_speedlimitmatrixtp02.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: cloner speed limit / velocity threshold
by on Dec 21, 2015 at 11:58:02 pm

what is it you are trying to get the clones to do? Same sort of ramp or something totally different?

Return to posts index

wolfram zwanzigerRe: cloner speed limit / velocity threshold
by on Dec 22, 2015 at 8:16:49 am
Last Edited By wolfram zwanziger on Dec 22, 2015 at 11:37:47 am

i need a setup where i can add lots of different effectors to animate the clones, then in the last step i want to add something like a speed limit to make sure that the clones cannot move faster than a given value.
basically the "speed to weight" effector has a threshold for the fastest speed. what i was thinking of is like:

1. animate the clones with effectors (plain effector, formula, shader...)
2. speed to weight effector ( to set the threshold)
3. speed limit based on the weight of the clones (this is where i stuck...)

different approach:

1. animate a matrix-object / thinking particles with effectors (plain effector, formula, shader...)
2. add tp_speed limit to the particles (seems not to work, because unfortunately the particles velocity is 0. maybe there is a way to remap the weight of the clones to the velocity of the particles?)
3. clone the particles-group for rendering

edit: please have a look at this scene file: http://we.tl/Xvtav5RHiw

any ideas?
thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]