MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

growing clones along path

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xav VonLgrowing clones along path
by on Dec 13, 2015 at 5:09:22 pm

Hi everyone !
I'm kinda new to c4d and mograph and here is what I am stuck with :

I'd like to "grow" clones, let's say cubes, along a spline... I mean, as if I were doing a sweep along the spline, animating the end growth rate, except I want to gradually "fill" the spline with clones.
Sounded easy at first but I'm getting nowhere near to what I want.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: growing clones along path
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 7:10:05 pm

use a Spline Wrap deformer to attach a linear Clone setup to the spline (Spline Wrap/Object/Axis needs to be set to the direction the linear clones are adding) and increase the number of clones in the cloner to add more along the spline.

9563_growclonesalongspline.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Xav VonLRe: growing clones along path
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 11:22:34 pm

Thank you Brian, almost there, BUT, by doing so the cloned objects get deformed by the spline wrap as well (it works in your scene with sphères but it starts falling apart with cubes for instance), i only want the clones to be distributed along the spline, not deformed according to the it..... or did I miss something ?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: growing clones along path
by on Dec 16, 2015 at 1:35:06 am

ah, no time sorry until tomorrow at least. Yeah spline wrap will bend it noticeably if it's long in a dimension... I miss MSA sometimes. You could use a Step effector and control visibility of clones that are already there with the Min and Max values in the Step/Effector tab

Adam might know a better way.

9570_growclonesalongspline2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]