MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D crashed after 24+ hours of rendering, and the .mov export is corrupted. Any chances for recovery?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave SlydellC4D crashed after 24+ hours of rendering, and the .mov export is corrupted. Any chances for recovery?
by on Dec 13, 2015 at 4:48:41 pm

My CPU must have overheated causing my computer to crash after 24+ hours of rendering a project. There is an exported .mov file but of course it won't play (tried with VLC, Quicktime, WMP)- I'm getting a Error -2048.

After quite a bit of googling, it appears my options are limited to buying software that will extract the visual information from the damaged .mov file and convert it to a new playable format. I thought I'd ask the cow crew to see you all know of another solution to fix this corrupted .mov file so I can at least use what has been rendered up until the crash.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D crashed after 24+ hours of rendering, and the .mov export is corrupted. Any chances for recovery?
by on Dec 14, 2015 at 4:42:03 pm

not the I know of, it doesn't help now but the longer the render gets the more reason there is to render to an image sequence rather than a mov or avi so that in a crash situation you only lose one frame

Return to posts index

Dave SlydellRe: C4D crashed after 24+ hours of rendering, and the .mov export is corrupted. Any chances for recovery?
by on Dec 15, 2015 at 4:44:24 pm

Lesson learned for sure. Luckily this was a project for a class and not a client...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]