MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Exporting 3D objects with a transparent background.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margaux MilletExporting 3D objects with a transparent background.
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 3:03:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I created several objects on C4D, I'd like to use (after compositing) on AE. I tried several ways, but the result on AE is not very good... I tried to import the C4D file on AE, but it seems like "not finished", I mean, it doesn't look as good as on C4D. We can't see the reflexions from the mats and so on. I guess I need an alpha channel so I can add a background behind the object afterwards. I did so, and tried to export it in .png file, but:
-Borders of the object are not that transparent: we can still notice some borders around the object.
-It seems like the object is not really straight (in both x and y axis), is there a way to turn it completely straight?

In fact, after exporting on AE, the object, which used to be in high-quality and completely manipulable seems really cheap on AE. Is there a way to export that correctly on AE? So it has the same quality and I can use it in 3D, make it spin and so on?

I looked for tutorials and tried, but it's not really the same issues as the ones I'm encountering at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved