MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

viewport lag / freeze

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan Cookviewport lag / freeze
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 1:44:05 am

Hi, I am using C4D R17 on a Pc (HP z820 / dual 8 core / nvidia quadro 5000),
I have been experiencing strange viewport lag and freezing on some files.

sometimes the same file will play back fast and navigating around is no problem, then for no apparent reason everything just seizes up and you end waiting minutes for it to come back to life, you then try to click a menu etc and it locks up again... very frustrating. 

I don't think it is my graphics card as the viewport is not always slow like this …. although I have a quadro 5000 which is about 3 years old now and probably needs upgrading. 

The files are not overly complicated but are using texture maps located on a server (in the tex folder of the project directory), some of these textures are image sequences, I am wondering if this may be the issue as I have noticed that when i delete the textures, the viewport performance returns, however i have also had similar lag issues on files with only a single texture.

has anyone experienced anything similar to this? any tips or fixes? I have always just kept my textures in the tex folder of the project, is that best practice?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: viewport lag / freeze
by on Dec 12, 2015 at 5:07:45 pm

Sounds like it might be a graphics driver issue. Have you updated to the latest drivers?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved