Since I moved from R15 to R17 (Visualize) I'm having trouble with some missing textures.
Some files render on my own machines very well, but receive an error msg (concerning missing texture-images) when rendered at a "render farm".
After endless searching I found out that these images (with typical names like A001M.tif and C001M.tif) are stuck away in alpha channels that are not active at all.
The files are nowhere to be found on my harddisks (searched the system-files too).
I guess the textures were part of standard materials in some earlier version that have gone obsolete, because I have used the same materials before without any problem. I never use codes like A001M etc. and they don't look familiar in any other way.
Does this sound familiar to someone; although I know how to tackle the problem, it's still pretty annoying
I've certainly had the missing textures in inactive channel problem before. Very annoying. You should get a render error when you render locally, assuming the textures don't exist on your computer. If they do exist then they should be copied you do a "save project with assets."