MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Same texture on two planes but different looks

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben WeeksSame texture on two planes but different looks
by on Dec 7, 2015 at 4:27:06 pm

Hello, so I am very new to C4D and am using C4D lite with AE.

I have been working on an architectural build for about the last month and am finishing up texturing and lighting. The problem is the same texture that I am applying to two different planes looks very different, and I do not know why. The first image has all of my lighting included, and the second one has no lighting at all.

The cut off right under the roof is where the two planes I have creating the front wall meet. The bottom is textured with the same material, but looks the way I want, where the top part of the wall (plane #2) looks unrealistic.

The material only has the texture image and a normal map.

Ask for more information if you need it, I wasn't sure what anyone would need to know to help out.
If anyone has any thoughts on what is going on, or any resources that might help I would appreciate it a ton!!

Thanks,
~Ben

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Same texture on two planes but different looks
by on Dec 7, 2015 at 11:43:39 pm

Are you using the ambient occlusion render effect? Looks like it might be doing something to the top plane but hard to say without having the scene file to look at.

Return to posts index

Ben WeeksRe: Same texture on two planes but different looks
by on Dec 8, 2015 at 8:58:40 pm

Ambient occlusion was on, however when I removed it from the render settings the problem persisted. I have ended up just deleting the planes and remaking them and slapping the same texture on the new plane. So far it has worked.

Thanks for getting back Adam :)

~Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]