MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

spline wrap / cloner /delay not working

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blazej Wuspline wrap / cloner /delay not working
by on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:08:42 pm

Hi guys,
Im trying to make this effect and cannot work out whats wrong with it , maybe You can help me out, so ok, here we go:

I made a circle object, extruded nurbs ( at this point i tried both: converted to object as well as left the extruded nurbs), increased subdisvisions, made a b-spline so i can make it animate along the spline with spline wrap, and all this works, the problem is that I cannot make the delay effect to work,when I set the delay to spring, nothing happens, I put the delay into Cloner effector tab of the circle ofcourse.set the delay to spring.
What i want to achieve is the bouncy effect on the end of animation, but the delay never works....

how to make it work, Im still learning c4d, maybe I just made some stupid mistake, maybe I should go different route, IDK....tried it with cube, doesnt work, so maybe im doing something wrong...

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: spline wrap / cloner /delay not working
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 5:49:22 pm

the Delay will only work with Mograph stuff, cloners/fracture object not with SplineWrap - if you cloned the circle along the b-spline using a Spline Effector you could toss the Cloner into a Loft and get the same result as the extrude and spline wrap but now the Delay would work.

Return to posts index

Blazej WuRe: spline wrap / cloner /delay not working
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 9:53:50 pm

Thanks for reply Brian. I got strange results when tried to increase instances on cloner, above 12 on Your example.
i prepared a file for better understanding.
The right one is basically what I want to achieve, but without the Delay,since it will not work this way, the laft one is my try to replicate Your way Brain.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: spline wrap / cloner /delay not working
by on Dec 2, 2015 at 1:21:26 am

Ah, extrude along the spline not move along the spline, still works but the star would be better as a XY plane orientation - it's usually better to extrude/loft along the lofted splines Z axis - I'm guessing you were trying various things to get it to line up along the spline and I didn't try to figure out what, I just reoriented the star and put in a new cloner and Spline effector.
Then I changed the F-Curve of the Spline effector's End parameter so it stops abruptly, if the End parameter stops too slowly the Delay doesn't do anything you can see.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved