MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture projection issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane RobertsonTexture projection issue
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 6:59:37 pm

Hey guys I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction with this project im doing.

A good friend of mine wants me to warp an image for him. He wants the image to fit on the products box in a way that would make the box seem flat if viewed from a straight on perspective. The box is some what triangular, and he wants the image to warp to that shape in order to make it seem as if the box is flat. Hopefully im explaining this correctly.

The end result would be you look at the box and can see the image on it as if the front of the box was flat. If anyone has any tips or could help me in any way I would very much appreciate it. I have attatched an image of the box shape and the image we are trying to put on it

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Texture projection issue
by on Nov 28, 2015 at 9:43:25 pm

you want to use Flat mapping for the image but because the front face of the box is flat to the viewer (and the texture axis) that part of the image (the center bit) can stay actual size but the two sides, being at an angle to the viewer need to be scaled thinner so it fits from the front but the flat projection makes it the correct width when viewed from the side - just have to work out the scale size based on the ratio of the size it needs to be (whatever the width of the face on the back side is) to you want (2.719)... that's wrong since I don't know the actual width of the box but that's the idea

Return to posts index

Shane RobertsonRe: Texture projection issue
by on Dec 1, 2015 at 7:11:37 pm

Thanks so much for the help, this was the info I was looking for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved