MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

GI Flickering - missing something.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benoit SchrijnemakersGI Flickering - missing something.
by on Nov 25, 2015 at 8:46:10 pm

Hi all,

I've been adjusting render settings for almost a week and as a beginner I'm glad to say I've learned an awful lot by going through different forums and manuals. The end result I have now, compared to the result I had a week ago has improved immensely but I feel like there's something I must be missing since the flickering is still present in one part of the animation. It pains me that I can't figure it out so I'd love some opinions on what else I could do. I realize the settings are quite high but it's important the flickering is 99 percent gone. I went with IR + LM first, then changed to QMC + LM which was a lot faster in rendering and same quality if not better.

I've included screenshots of my GI render settings and a quick render demo of where the flickering occurs. (the fallen dominos). I was wondering if you guys think this is passable or if you have any tips on reducing it even more.

Render settings:

screenshot2015-11-25at9.27.22pm.png

screenshot2015-11-25at9.27.24pm.png

screenshot2015-11-25at9.27.27pm.png

screenshot2015-11-25at9.27.18pm.png

Short video preview

https://reels.creativecow.net/film/render-test

Thank you!

Ben

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: GI Flickering - missing something.
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 1:54:01 am

some of what I think I see as flickering (and I don't think it's too noticeable - remember how long it's on screen for and that your audience hasn't seen it a thousand times before like you have) is the dominos rattling on each other at the end (like they would not do in real life) - it's not a lot but it's there, I think if you could quiet that motion it would help.

Return to posts index

Benoit SchrijnemakersRe: GI Flickering - missing something.
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 8:31:25 am

Hi Brian,

thanks for the feedback! So I set up the entire animation by using physics. I just push one domino over at the beginning and let the physics do their thing. It took me a very long time to get those settings right. I was wondering if you might have any tips as to what I could change in order to make the rattling less ovious. I've included screenshots of my settings below.

Thank you for your reply, it's greatly appreciated!

Ben

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: GI Flickering - missing something.
by on Nov 26, 2015 at 5:51:36 pm

bounce 0, collision noise 0 are perfect so all good there. Once the first set of dominos set the ball in motion you should be able to quiet the movement in the dominos using the tricks in the Help/CINEMA 4D/CINEMA 4D Visualize, Broadcast, Studio/Dynamics/Tips and Tricks/The Party's Over section. As long as the ball and the first set of domino's and the second set of dominos are using different dynamics tags

Return to posts index

Benoit SchrijnemakersRe: GI Flickering - missing something.
by on Nov 27, 2015 at 2:02:29 pm

Brian,

Thanks so much for your input, this solved the problem! I'm so grateful you helped me out!

Have a great day,

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]