MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Keyframed objs + Random Effector = Broken Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Pozzer
Keyframed objs + Random Effector = Broken Animation
on Nov 24, 2015 at 6:40:37 pm

so, i did some simple animation on some objects, and decided that to add some visual interest id add some randomness to them. Put all the objects in a fracture, added the random, and it seemed ok until i scrubed. All the objects jump around randomly, no pun intended. I was under the impression the random would simply offset each objects position and keep it there. This almost seems like its reevaluating each objects random position on each frame. I played around with all the settings and I cant seem to figure it out.

I only noticed this AFTER i let my project render for 7 hrs. So, my first thought was the fracture needs a mograph cache tag, but that didnt solve it. So, i need to figure out the underlying issue before i do anymore caching and rendering.

File for refrence...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jpxm5z7a2xrmw9/random%20animation.c4d?dl=0

thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Keyframed objs + Random Effector = Broken Animation
on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:33:59 pm

you probably want the Random Mode in the random effector to be Noise or Turbulence those are smoothly animated noises, the Random and Gaussian are truly random.

Return to posts index

Aaron Pozzer
Re: Keyframed objs + Random Effector = Broken Animation
on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:45:24 pm

thanks brian. that seems to have done it. i swear i tried that though and it didnt work... maybe my cache tag was still active and i was just watching cached craziness. eitherway, had to set the animation speed to 0 on the noise, but it did the job.

thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]