MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Extruding an existing logo from an illustrator file and maintaining all colours etc

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Brooks
Extruding an existing logo from an illustrator file and maintaining all colours etc
on Nov 24, 2015 at 2:00:55 am

Hi Guys

I wonder if you could help please?

We are in the middle of shooting a series of web infomercials for a well known car care company. For an opener to each infomercial we'd like to take their logo and make it 3D which will be placed over a background plate ... no problem there in regards to extruding an illustrator file or the relatively straight forward animation of the logo ... where I seem to get stuck is applying the materials from the original PSD/Illustrator file onto the extruded logo. The companies logo is very established, we've been supplied with just a PSD and so I need to make sure we apply the exact colours and style from that PSD file to the 3D model.

I've had a good search around and nothing in the way of a tutorial seems to help. Please accept my apologies if this kind of thing is either very obvious or has been asked before but C4D and VFX is not my area at all .. I shooting and cut etc ..

We're on Adobe CC with C4D Lite. Any information or suggestions of a tutorial to follow would be fantastic.

Thanks guys !

Stephen

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Extruding an existing logo from an illustrator file and maintaining all colours etc
on Nov 24, 2015 at 7:12:41 pm

Color is a massive subject. Hopefully, your provided PSD is in RGB mode rather than CMYK. In R17 you can pick the colors from that document directly, if not you can still create a color swatch set by copying the values in PS to C4D - you can then use those in your materials.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]